Josiehime

Josiehime

The Story of Peter Pan: Unabridged in Easy-To-Read Type (Dover Children's Thrift Classics)
James M. Barrie, Daniel O'Connor
Soulless
Gail Carriger, Gail Carriger
Progress: 60 %
Anna Dressed in Blood  - Kendare Blake

This book seemed really popular so I gave it a read to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't have to read very far in to see that it deserved all the attention it was getting. It's a good book. Scary and bloody without reaching that you're trying way to hard point.

The story follows young Cas as he has devoted himself to following in his father's footsteps. Ridding the world of any ghost that has proven its self to be the murderous type. That's how he comes across Anna.

You know that creepy old house down the road that children cross the street so they don't have to get to close to it? And your brother's best friend's sister has a story about how she saw something really freaky there this one time.

Well what if it was true?

That's the idea behind Anna, why she is dressed in blood I will leave for you to discover. But I will say her story is tragic and horrifying.

There were a couple things I didn't care for tho. The relationship between him and his mother was a bit unbelievable for me. The kid runs the show there, even tho she is fully aware of the danger he is in and she doesn't approve of her son possibly ending up like her murdered husband. And the unlikely relationship between Cas's friends felt a little too forced and unnecessary.

Other than that I found this book satisfying. It had a good balance between suspense, horror, and mystery that kept me turning the page. Will definitely be reading the sequel.